Annual institutional membership is $750 and covers T32s plus all cancer training-related programs and cancer-affiliated faculty, administrators and trainees. Membership runs January 1 through December 31 with payments due by July 15 each year.
Membership fees may be waived for new Minority Serving Institutions (MSI), including HBCUs, HSIs, TCUs and AAPISIs, with cancer-related programming. (Applies to first-time applicants for membership.)
Benefits of Membership include:
• Discounted annual Retreat registration fee, and opportunity to bring trainees
• Opportunity to shape the future of Cancer Biology training, including through NCI supporting mechanisms and white papers (example: Essential Components of Cancer Education (2015), Position Paper: Ph.D. Training in Cancer Biology (2017)
• CABTRAC web resources including:
– – archived collective data from CABTRAC member programs
– – opportunities to conduct targeted survey
– – opportunities for job/employment listings
Benefits of attending the CABTRAC Retreat include:
• Networking with successful T32 applicants
• Hearing new and late-breaking ideas and information from NCI staff
– – and ideas of how to deal with those new issues
• Interactions with NCI staff, including key T32 information and opportunities for more dynamic information exchange than with usual contacts with program officer, study section reports, etc.
• Exchanging innovative program and curriculum/pedagogy ideas
• Small group discussion and breakout sessions enable a wide range of perspectives to be voiced
• Opportunity to identify persons to join your external advisory boards
Benefits to graduate students & postdoctoral trainees who attend:
• Presenting their science to a wider audience
• Networking with other trainees and faculty
• Seeing the future of cancer biology
• Broader vision of career opportunities
• Seeing perspectives, practices from other institutions and programs
Contact Sheridan@cabtrac.org for more information on how to join.